Dustin has over 12 years of experience in accounting, M&A, debt advisory, interim management and restructuring. He has worked in a variety of industries and has both debtor and creditor side engagement experience.
Dustin’s experience includes financial statement analysis, special situations M&A, breakeven analysis, business plan validation, liquidation analyses and cash flow forecasting. From an industry perspective, his experience includes, but is not limited to, healthcare, manufacturing, hospitality, agriculture, metals and distribution.
Dustin has worked with businesses from $20 million to $6 billion in sales:
- As an investment banker and financial advisor to Borrego Health, a non-profit federally qualified health center during its Chapter 11 restructuring, Dustin focused on cash reporting, financial modeling and M&A transaction support.
- As an advisor to senior leadership of a $6 billion non-profit health system, Dustin assisted the organization through a challenging M&A process by providing financial modeling, M&A due diligence and lender communications.
- As an advisor to senior lenders of a $200 million physical therapy provider, Dustin developed a forbearance agreement and business plan validation.
- As financial advisor for an energy wind farm, Dustin completed its Chapter 11 preparation.
- As financial advisor for by CHLOE, an all-vegan restaurant chain, Dustin completed its Chapter 11 preparation during a Subchapter V process, including cash flow management and operational oversight.
- As financial advisor and investment banker for a $50 million cottonseed distributor, Dustin assisted the Company in a Wisconsin Chapter 128 Receivership.
- As interim CFO for a $60 million distressed metal scrap yard during a restructuring, strategic sale, Dustin worked through an FBI-led fraud investigation and a Wisconsin Chapter 128 Receivership, saving more than 100 jobs.
- For a $35 million aftermarket aviation parts distributor, Dustin conducted a debt and equity raise.
- For a $250 million sporting goods manufacturer, Dustin forecasted 13-week cash flows, DIP budget, and led bank forbearance negotiations through a Chapter 11 bankruptcy (363 auction process).
- For a $115 million sugar processor and distributor, Dustin created a business validation report.
- For a $50 million railroad crosstie manufacturer, Dustin modeled yearly forecasts and coordinated a private capital raise.
- For a $25 million sports licensor, Dustin coordinated liquidation and various business sales.
- For a $30 million knitted pile fabric manufacturer, Dustin performed debt advisory and cash flow advisory services.
Prior to joining Novo Advisors, Dustin worked at Ankura Consulting Group, a global advisory and restructuring consultancy and Silverman Consulting, a boutique restructuring advisory firm based in Chicago. Prior to Silverman, Dustin worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers within the financial services assurance practice.
Dustin holds a B.S. in finance and accounting with a minor in Italian from Indiana University and previously carried a CPA certification in the state of Illinois. Dustin is an active member of the Turnaround Management Association (TN Chapter Board member and Chair of the Membership/Networking Committee) and American Bankruptcy Institute.