Sandeep Gupta, the founder and Managing Partner of Novo Advisors, has over 30 years of operational, turnaround and restructuring experience. His specialties include stabilization of business operations in a liquidity crunch, improving financial performance, and developing alternative strategies for businesses that are no longer viable on a stand-alone basis. Sandeep is a strong communicator and is recognized for facilitating productive dialog even in the most contentious situations.
Sandeep’s expertise ranges from the development of short-term liquidity forecasts, break-even analysis and performance/profit improvement studies to mergers and acquisitions and liquidation analyses for distressed businesses including manufacturers, distributors, retailers and service providers. From an industry perspective, his experience includes, but is not limited to, technology, specialty finance, agriculture, automotive, commercial printing, healthcare, food, call centers and energy.
Sandeep has worked with businesses from $5 million to $1 billion in sales:
- As CRO of a $1 billion supplier to the hospitality industry severely impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic, his efforts led to reduced costs by $15 million annually and sale of the business.
- As CRO of a $120 million manufacturer of pasta and Italian food, he cut costs by $500,000 per month in 90 days, stabilizing operations.
- As the federal receiver of a global sorghum seed concern, Sandeep led a successful sale process leading to full recovery of the senior debt and the preservation of 60 jobs (85% of the workforce).
- As CRO of a national grower of conifers and container grown plants, Sandeep led efforts to obtain liquidity support and improved the company’s financial performance, which led to the successful sale of the company.
- As the US CRO of $200 million international defense contracting concern which manufactured transmission systems for military aircraft, Sandeep helped sell the business and save 1,000 jobs.
Prior to Novo, Sandeep worked with FTI Consulting and Silverman Consulting. He was also an operational and strategy consultant with Arthur D. Little. Sandeep has also worked as an engineer for Exelon Corporation’s power generation business.
Sandeep holds an MBA in finance and business strategy from the University of Chicago and a B.S. in mechanical engineering from the University of Illinois at Chicago. He is an active member of the local chapter of the Turnaround Management Association and Secured Finance Network.