Claudia Springer heads up the Novo Advisors Philadelphia office, as well as its new Mediation practice. Claudia is a seasoned restructuring and bankruptcy attorney, having practiced in that area for over 40 years. During her legal career, most of which was spent at Reed Smith LLP, and prior to that Duane Morris, she represented all major constituents in restructuring and bankruptcy cases including debtors, major creditors, shareholders, boards of directors, creditors’ committees, landlords, buyers, plan sponsors, bondholders, guarantors and others.
Her practice included litigating and mediating many different types of disputes among various parties, including ones involving classes of creditors, debtors and creditors, shareholders, insurers and insureds. Her experience also involved negotiating and participating in mediations of various types of disputes, including those regarding the exercise of remedies, contracts, leases, product recalls and liability, and labor and employment. She also litigated numerous disputes in bankruptcy court.
Claudia’s practice involved many different industries, and she is knowledgeable regarding hospitals, medical practices, long term care facilities, pharmaceutical companies, heavy manufacturing industries, steel producers, construction companies, chemical companies, hotels, restaurant chains, large retailers, and more. Recently, she acted in a mediation capacity for a large and insolvent estate that involved numerous creditors and businesses including over 20 banks.
Claudia has been lauded as one of America’s leading insolvency and corporate restructuring attorneys by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers every year since its initial publication in 2003. She was one of the youngest inductees in the American College of Bankruptcy, served on its Board for two terms and currently heads up a committee. In addition, Ms. Springer has been recognized as one of the nation’s top restructuring and bankruptcy lawyers by America’s Best Lawyers and America’s Best Business Lawyers and is a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer.
George Washington University Law School, 1980, J.D.
Trinity College, 1977, B.A., high honors, Phi Beta Kappa
District of Columbia
Honors and Awards:
- Received the Best Lawyers® 2015 Litigation – Bankruptcy “Lawyer of the Year” award in Philadelphia
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Litigation – Bankruptcy, 2006-2021
- Selected for inclusion in the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers list for Bankruptcy: Business, 2004-2020
- Ranked in Chambers USA for Philadelphia & Surrounds Bankruptcy/Restructuring, 2003-2021, Band 1
- Inducted into the American College of Bankruptcy in 2002; became a member of its Board of Directors in 2013 and served for maximum number of terms; head of Distinguished Students Committee
Professional and Community Affiliations:
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American College of Bankruptcy (since 2002); member of Board of Directors (since 2013)
- Commercial Law League of America (since 2021)
- Fellow of the American Bar Association (since 2005)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Corporation, Banking and Business Law Section, Bankruptcy Committee
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Business Law Section, Former Chair of the Uniform Commercial Code Subcommittee
- Turnaround Management Association, Board Member of Philadelphia Chapter
- National Liberty Museum Board member (since 2010)
- Office Managing Partner of Philadelphia office of Reed Smith (2007-2010)